Hormone system is called as endocrine system. Hormones are chemical messengers secreted from various organs but primarily from internal secretary gland Despite they are released at very little amounts, hormones have great impact on growth, development, reproduction and healthy life. Science branch involving hormone diseases is called endocrinology Thus endocrinology is the branch of medicine which investigates diseases that are caused by the abnormal practice of internal secretary glands and treatments of those.
Pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, surreal, pancreas, ovaries and testicles produce and release hormones. Thus tumors of these glands, excess or insufficiency of these hormones cause important diseases.
• Treatment fields of endocrinology department:
• Diseases related to pituitary such as prolactinoma, acromegaly, growth hormone insufficiency, and diabetes insipidus.
• Diseases related to thyroid such as goitre, hypo- or hyperthyroidism, thyroid cancer
• Diseases related to parathyroid such as calcium and phosphorus metabolism disorder
• Diseases related to surreal such as aldosteronoma, pheochromocytoma, Addison
• Diseases related to ovaries such as polycystic ovaries, hypertrichosis, and early menopause
• Diseases related to testicles such as, absence of hair and beard, gynecomastia (enlargement of breasts of man)
• Tumors related to pancreas and diabetes