International patient referrals are examined and assessed by a specialized medical staff so that cost estimates for treatment can be provided to patients before they travel to Izmir Medical Park.
In order to improve the accuracy of quotes, patients will be asked to provide their most recent medical records or diagnosis in English.
The clinical coordinator will provide estimates and deposit information to ensure his or her understanding of charges and costs.
Please make sure to bring all of your medical records and diagnostic materials to your medical appointment, if you have not sent them beforehand. The following items will be required to schedule your first appointments:
• Your passport or other valid form of ID
• Demographic information, including name, home address, phone contact (including local contact number or cell), e-mail, date of birth
• Detailed insurance information, including insurance name, policy and group number, insurance contact phone number
• If you are a government-sponsored patient, please bring a letter of authorization from your embassy
• Full medical records, including all related exams and surgery reports, treatment records and laboratory results
• All films (old and current) from imaging studies such as X-Rays, MRIs and CT scans, along with any other relevant reports
Interpreter services for a number of languages are available for patients. The medical interpreter staff is bilingual and bicultural. We are trained to interpret in a medical setting according to accepted national standards while remaining sensitive to the cross-cultural issues of our patients.
Letters of consent, discharge instructions, and other medical documents for treatment can be translated into the appropriate language for patient.
Advance notice is recommended to ensure that we can best meet the needs of the patient. Services are free to patients.
Izmir Medical Park International Patient Center maintains relationships with a number of hotels and residential businesses. After you arrive, İzmir University Medical Center representative will work with you to identify accommodations that best suit your needs.
The staff can advise you of the most convenient connections to reach Turkey, where a Izmir Medical Park representative will meet you and your accompanying family members upon your arrival. This services is free to patients and accompanying family members.
Izmir Medical Park will support your medical visa application by working with Turkish embassies or consulates in your country to provide documentation of your pending medical treatment and appointment. The Center will make every effort to expedite the processing of your visa. However, only the embassy or consulate concerned can approve a visa application.
İzmir University Medical Center International Patient Center requires a copy of your passport upon arrival and before your first scheduled appointment.